Monday, August 23, 2010

Eenie Meenie Miney Mo

When I was a little girl, I looked forward to trips to the library. I would spend hours at our small local one, wandering among the stacks of books. Sometimes mom would set a time limit and I would have to dash around, grabbing as many books as I could before we had to go. My brothers would have one book each while I would show up at the counter looking much like the little girl above. Oh, how I loved to read. I still do.

I have a stack of books next on my bedside table just waiting to be devoured. I have two on writing:
On Writing by Stephen King and Hooked by Les Edgerton.

I am currently devouring The Necromancer by Michael Scott. Still on the pile waiting to be read:

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Magyk by Angie Sage
The Sky Always Hears Me: And the Hills Don't Mind by Kristin Cronn-Mills


I can hear them whispering to me. Each one wants to be next! But...but...but...


I think this one jumps to the TOP of the pile!

I am loaded up with books and happy as that little ten year old was running through my small town library! I do have a writing goal for the week, though. I can't allow all this delicious reading to get in the way of that. What's a girl to do? I'm using reading as a REWARD! Get that rewriting done and you get to spend your time READING!

What is on your nightstand waiting to be read?

4 comments:

  1. My oldest daughter has all sorts of books I have to actually limit her reading time, or she would do nothing but read LOL. By my nightside table, well I have a total of 13 books all for college, some of the titles include "The mysteries of Udolpho" by Anne Radcliffe, "Three gothic novels", some Poe, "Poor things" by alasdair gray...and the list goes on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think I posted about this last week so you could check out that list, but I'll add a few that I'll be buying shortly: 1.Crank 2.Tricks 3. Handcuffs, and 4.Perfect Chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I'd had the good sense to plan for a trip to B&N today to pick up a copy of Mockingjay. Instead, I ordered it online and it probably won't be delivered till tomorrow, at the very earliest.

    I'm still working my way through YOU SUCK by Christopher Moore. I also have a copy of ON WRITING lying on my nightstand, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, we didn't have a library in our little town. Had to drive like 30 miles to the nearest one which I hated. Books were never where they were suppose to be. Rarely ever found what i was looking for.

    I have my own stack of books waiting to be read. Just started THE GHOST DETECTIVE by: Thomas Lowenstein.

    ReplyDelete