Some fast fun facts about me:
1) My favorite TV show is Xena. Yes, the Warrior Princess.
2) I am a vegan. I married an omnivore. I have never cooked meat for him (or anything with meat in it) in the 8 years we've been married (or the 2 years we were together before marriage). I cook all my meals from scratch and I don't do "fake" meat. (Because, gross) I don't push my lifestyle on anyone, but if I invite you over for dinner, know two things: you will get a meat free, delicious meal and you will spend the evening laughing your ass off. (See # 3)
3) I'm known for making everyone laugh and for my own laughter. I love playing practical jokes, even when they backfire on me. (#still funny) I always go for the joke.
I live for laughter. It's like applause to me.
4) I worry about everything all the time. I worry about my mom. I worry about my husband. I worry about my pets. I worry about my brothers. I worry about my friends. I worry about my Crit Partners. I worry about all of you. I worry that I'm going to get sick. I worry that you are going to get sick. I just worry. It's who I am. It's also what I do. Worrying is my "thing."
5) I have 4 brothers; 3 older, 1 younger. I am the only girl.
|My Brothers and my Daddy at his wedding|
I wanted a sister so bad that I used to dress my little brother up in dresses. When we worked in television production (on separate shows), I kept a framed picture of him in a dress on my desk and showed it to everyone. He would frequently call me and yell, "I thought you took that picture down!" to which I would reply, "Oops. I'm putting it away now..." and then not do it. Because I am the older sister.
|Drew in a dress. Even my big sister smile is evil.|
6) I live for NFL football. Specifically, the San Diego Chargers. Pretty much all my memories growing up are retold by seasons. (example: My grandma was diagnosed with ovarian cancer during the 1995 season. Her first chemo treatment was scheduled for the morning of our playoff game against the Colts. She made sure she was at the stadium by kick-off. Diehard, much? Yes, that's us.)
7) Everyone knows my dog. EVERY. ONE. I will walk her and people that I have never met come up to us calling my dog by name because they met her when my husband was walking her and fell in love. They tell their friends, co-workers, and family members about her. This is an almost daily comment: "I was just telling (insert friend, co-worker, family member) about Lily! I said, we have the SWEETEST pit bull living in our neighborhood!" My dog has been changing people's minds about the breed for 8 years now. She's amazing.
|Lily on the right. Her 'boyfriend' Bubba on the left.|
8) I'm allergic to cats. They are my worst allergy. So, naturally, I own 3.
9) I have a non-profit that is booked year round doing FREE Humane Education presentations throughout L.A. Unified on various animal topics. When people say 'do something you love and it will never feel like you worked a day', it's really true. I don't feel like I'm working when I'm educating - whether it's students in the classroom or adults through educational tables. It's fun and rewarding and it sure doesn't feel like a 'job.'
10) I know the writer who wrote "I am the danger!" (actually, she wrote that entire episode of Breaking Bad...and probably most of the lines that you quote because she's THAT talented).
WHAT ARE YOU SUBBING?
|My CP Melissa PAINTED this for me.|
I am subbing a YA Fantasy that is Grisha Trilogy meets Julie of the Wolves with a sprinkle of Native American mythology.
If you want to read my inspiration for the story, click here.
To get back to Darci's blog, click here.
Thanks for dropping in to read about me! Good luck to all the Pitch Wars mentees!