Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!

My Wednesday Wishes for the week:



1) No More Asthma - I've been running for a few weeks now. Some nights, I have no problems. Yesterday was not one of those. I coughed for four hours afterward. I love running. I used to hate it, but it's addictive. When I put my running shirt on tonight, it slid over me and was loose. When I started running this shirt was tight and bunched at my waist! But my lungs...I was very angry the first lap I ran as my lungs tightened despite my inhaler. Then I remembered Eva. I have no right to be angry. I should be thankful for my lungs, asthma and all. But it would be nice to not have it anymore. It would also be nice if we had a cure for CF as well.

2) Pajamas - I go through phases where I obsess over different things. Sometimes it's the usual like purses and shoes. One year, my bestie Leslie and I went through a sock phase. You can't be in a bad mood with fun socks on! Try being in a bad mood with Strawberry Shortcake on your socks. Or Happy Bunny saying something funny and insulting. The Hubster hated my Hat Obsession. When I would put on a beanie, he would say, "Off to rob another liquor store?" Well DUH. That's why I got a "pit bull", to give me that gansta image and make my liquor store heists more legit, yo. At the moment, I heart pajamas. You can never have enough of them. Nothing feels better than settling into a pair at the end of the day to lounge around and watch your favorite shows. Come to think of it, I like slipping into a new pair in the mornings on my day off and settling in before the computer with a cup o' joe. Oh! Slippers...that would make my outfits complete. I think I have the next obsession picked out already! But I would love a walk in closet full of pajamas - warm, fuzzy pjs for cold nights, short sleeve cute ones for warm nights. Just rows and rows of neatly arranged pajamas!

3) This little guy - How cute is he? 3 month old puppy surrendered to the shelter because he is deaf. I just don't understand people. When I volunteered at a shelter, we had a beautiful white boxer surrendered one afternoon. I handed the man an intake form and under "reason" he wrote:
Dog is STUPID. Can't learn sh*%.
(Yes, he capitalized STUPID. And he spelled out that last word.)

Nice. The dog was DEAF. I did a few tests to show the owner, then I took the leash and said, "Who is the stupid one?" If they'd taken a real training class, the trainer would have spotted that the minute they walked in the door. Deaf dogs are the best. Their focus is spot on - they have to be looking at or they miss your direction/command so their eyes rarely leave your face. This little cutie is going to make a family very lucky.




Those ears KILL me.

So yeah, this sweet little pup.









What about you - what are your wishes for our magical little cat?

4 comments:

  1. 'That's why I got a "pit bull", to give me that gansta image and make my liquer store heists more legit, yo.' This is why I love you, Jennie B.

    Wishes for today: a lifesize doll's house for me to decorate and live in (with reading nook and writing space); another London adventure; an injection of motivation not unlike the drug in Limitless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor puppy! But - glad he is no longer with that owner. He dodged a bullet there, and like you said will go to a home where he'll be wanted and loved.

    My wish is a humid-free summer. New England summers are always so muggy, and some days it's almost unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, those ears! Those eyes! He's gorgeous! He doesn't deserve a family who thinks he's stupid, he deserves a family who thinks he is awesome.

    And I go through phases of obsession, too. My most recent one was underwear because who doesn't want cute underoos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owner is STUPID!
    Wishing for an idea for my next book!

    ReplyDelete