Friday, July 1, 2011

FUN Friday

If all roller coaster instructions were done like this, I'd ride more roller coasters. Okay, not really. But this IS entertaining. Can you imagine a 16 mile track?


I love this scene from Cop Out. This little kid rocks it. (WARNING: Graphic language)


And speaking of cute kids...


"No" is so adorable when it comes out of this little mouth!



FUNNY KID STORY:

I was teaching Dog Safety to a pre-school class. The cutest little three year old boy asked if he could pet my dog, held his hand out to get sniffed, and pet Cooper on his side. I moved on to the little girl next to him, but before I could say anything, I felt a tiny hand on my arm.

"Teacher! I get to see my grandparents this weekend!"

I love when they say random things out of the blue like that. Especially when it's non animal related. It's precious. He was so excited about seeing his grandparents that he told me two more times after that.


Teaching Kindness to 2nd graders, I always wrap it up at the end by asking the kids to raise their hands and tell me something kind they can do for their (dog/cat/rabbit/bird).

Girl: You can take them a shower. Even though they don't like it, it's more funner to play with them when they are clean.



And what is more funner than a friend's book coming out? We are CREEPing ever closer to Jennifer Hillier's CREEP! You owe it to yourself (and anyone on your gift list) to buy this book. It's CREEPtastic. It will keep you up at night. Probably not more than two nights in a row, though. You won't be able to put it down until you've finished it.

Hardcover on Amazon, click here.

Kindle on Amazon, click here.


If you have pets, please bring them in on 4th of July. It's the busiest night at animal hospitals because fireworks are very, very scary. Dogs get spooked, get out and run, run, run. They can get hit by cars or lost. No one should end the weekend on a sad note! We leave Lily in the living room with the tv on for background noise to help her.

Have a safe and Happy Holiday weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Just so we're clear, I love you but I don't *like* you all the time. And I totally forgot about that scene in Cop Out, classic. Oh man, Jennie B., Fun Fridays are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog (thanks, Nutschell!) and am so glad that I did. What a great post about how adorable kids can be. And, I share your animal love and think what you're doing to educate kids is amazing!!! P.S. Lily is too cute for words. Love those dogs (and they are so misunderstood). Our crew of cats and doggies will definitely been inside for the fireworks this weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the laughs and have an awesome Fourth of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, goodness. The 16 mi. roller coaster with Patrick Warburton--too good. thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete