Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wednesday Wishes

NaNo Word Count: 16,131!

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!


My Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1) The Mummy - Thanks Colene! She mentioned it on her blog and I decided I wanted to be obsessed with it again so I went to dig out my DVD (well, technically my brother Drew's DVD that I swiped from him)...I can't find it anywhere. It's driving me NUTS. I have turned the house upside down. I can't call Drew and ask "Did I give you back The Mummy?" because I 'borrowed' it two years ago (oops!). What if I didn't return it? What if I lost it??? Then I'll have to buy HIM another copy. So I've enlisted mom's help and she's going to spy on his shelves when she is over there later this week. Shhhhhhhhhhh. He doesn't have time to read the blog so it's totally safe to post it here. In the meantime, I've been renting it OnDemand, which is $2.99 a rental. Can't wait until The Hubster gets that bill.

2) COLD weather! I'm loving this weather. I want more of it but it looks like Mother Nature may have other plans. We ended last week in the 90s. YUCK! It's November for cryin' out loud. But the weekend brought cooler temps and it's been downright chilly the past two days. Perfect hiking and walking weather with Lily! She's sensitive to the heat and direct sunlight because of her breeds so if we get cloudy days, we get loads more exercise before dinner! Plus, it's peppermint tea and hot chocolate and beanies and scarves and gloves and sweaters and fires in the firplace! And it's also GREAT writing weather! Love love love!

3) New Living Room Set - Hey, I wished for a new bed and it happened! I can't decide on what I want, though. I need faux leather because of my allergies. The fabric furniture we have now just collects way too much dust. And it's a pain to steam it. BUT I'm not fond of the faux leather look. I want a warm, inviting living room and leather just doesn't do that for me. You see my dilemma? Oh, and I want a flat screen with that living room set. 42 inches, please!


What about you? What are you wishes for Wednesday this week?

7 comments:

  1. My one Wednesday wish is to learn the exact date of publication for my novel so I can assure those eager to buy it of when to save up their money for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY on your NaNo count!

    My Wednesday wish is to finish my novel today! One chapter left. OMG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your NaNo progress! So exciting. And now I really want to watch The Mummy again--totally loved that movie. And the sequel! Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wishes. Except the cold one. Hate that one. :)
    And it's such a great movie right!? I only have VHS so I need the DVD of that too...And then will start watching it every day again...
    Glad you're loving the new bed. They are AWESOME! And I meant to comment when you mentioned it the other day, when did they get so dang tall!? Mine is soo high!

    I will wish for dinning room furniture and for a certain someone to take the offer and go away!(I still think this blog is magical for wishes!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could wish for furniture and have it happen like you! I want a bed set, a dinette set, new couches... oh, this could just go on and on.

    Hope NaNo is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speaking of living rooms, my Wednesday wish is for a sectional sofa I saw at Crate & Barrel over the weekend. Yeah, it's WAY over our pay grade. You know you're a grown up when you find yourself drooling over a sofa and scheming up ways to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the wordcount! You're so far!

    Oh, and I love The Mummy! I watch it whenever it comes on tv ;p

    We got new living room furniture a year and a half ago, but it's fabric so I can't help you on that one. But I know what you mean about the leather deal. Maybe if you get a really dark one (but not black) it might look rich and inviting. It's so hard with leather sometimes, to make it look nice and not like a "man cave" or something.

    Oh and yes, SO jealous of your bed!

    ReplyDelete