Top Ten New OBSESSIONS:
1) NaNo! I LOVE my idea. It's all I think about. I had to force myself to step away on Sunday. Which made me want it so much more on Monday! It's rolling along. Can't wait to put the Hubster to bed tonight (he's sick) so I can work on it some more. And speaking of beds...
2) My new BED - Beautyrest. Pillowtop. I've had the same mattress for 15 years. No box springs. Ikea frame. So we get the set, have it delivered, they put it on the frame...and it's HIGHER THAN the frame. We laughed. If we have an earthquake, we're gonna slide right off. But we'll be on the pillowtop mattress so it will cushion our fall. I love it. Love love love, as my Eva would have said. We went to bed after dinner on Thursday night. I've taken naps EVERY day. The cats won't get off it except to go to the bathroom and eat. It's the best thing ever. EVER.
3) The Walking Dead - I hate zombies. I really do. They scare me worse than anything. Except maybe fire. I was fine with zombies until 28 Days when they had zombies move FASTER. I want to be able to outrun them. That being said, if you can get me to watch a show WITH zombies - and keep coming back for more - you're doing something right! Loving this show. Still hating zombies, though.
4) Autumn Mix - I've eaten so much I'm sick. I don't even want to think what is in it. Candy corns and pumpkin mallowcreams and indian corn - oh my! I have eaten an entire bag in three days. Ugh. And I bought TWO bags because they were on sale. So I'll be doing extra exercise tomorrow.
5) Sequim, WA - Our friends moved up there with their three dogs this summer. The pictures they keep taunting us with...well, they're working.
They bought a house on two acres with a creek running through it and they hike the dogs EVERY day. It's green but without all the rain that Seattle gets. Want to be there now! I can see myself walking this trail with Lily and another dog!
6) Ayana - Her ears kill me!
She's Lily as a puppy, only Lily's ears weren't this big so I know this girl will be truer to the APBT bloodline than Lil is. Those ears scream it. Her velcro, loving demeanor does as well.
7) Gloria Jean's Madagascar Vanilla Caramel Coffee - It's the reason I'm getting out of bed in the morning and it gets me going whether I'm teaching or I'm writing!
8) Peppermint Tea - It's my evening obsession. Peppermint tea, candles and Niyaz help me crank out that last 1000 words!
9) Halls Honey Lemon Cough Drops - This obsession is long reaching. It's actually become problematic. I think we're in the addiction phase now. Here's the thing...I was really sick about two years ago (maybe longer now, I've lost track) and these became my reason for living through the cold (melodramatic much?). The problem? I'm still using them. Daily. The sugar free ones. The Hubster, a pharmacist, wants me off them. As far as he's concerned, I stopped partaking daily a year ago. The truth? I have a stash in my purse, in my underwear drawer, hidden in the very back of my make-up drawer, in the linen closet and one in the kitchen. Yes, I'm stocked. How has he not caught on? What I'm supposedly sucking on - Wintergreen Lifesavers - has been sitting in the kitchen on the counter for six months now. It was a big bag, sure. But not THAT big. Is he turning a blind eye to my addiction?
10) My Chargers - Are we gonna pull it together? Are we not? I hate our head coach - more than fast moving zombies. He stepped into a SuperBowl caliber team and couldn't get them there. In fact, we're getting worse every season under him. We might not make the playoffs this season. I think we will. Barely. And then we're stuck with him at least another year. Our defense is worse than the walking dead. In fact, they look like walking dead on the field. But I just can't bring myself to hope for failure just so we can be rid of Norv Turner. I've sat through 1-15. In the stands. Surrounded by opposing fans. It stinks. And I canceled my season seats after last season, letting the front office know I'll be back when Turner is gone. Apparently, they had a lot of cancelation from long time season ticket holders like me (over 20 years). Shouldn't that be a clue? I was the one who sat through 1-15. Those yahoos in the stands right now will cancel after one losing season. Sigh. They have a way of suckering you in, making you believe this is actually going to be THE SEASON. Only to find new ways to lose, new ways to break your heart. I thought I wouldn't care as much not having season seats. I was wrong.
What about you? Any obsessions this week?
How about this - Jessica is over 400! And if she makes it 500 before the deadline, her prizes DOUBLE! Go, follow, win!
And don't forget to enter MY 100 Followers Contest here!
Canadian Zombie Babies
5 years ago