Jennifer Hillier gave me the Honest Scrap Award on Tuesday. Too cool! For those of you who don't know Jenny, she is all kinds of awesome. Her debut novel, CREEP, comes out in July 2011 (Simon & Schuster/Gallery). She blogs here and here (at Killer Chicks).
The award means I have to share ten things about myself. Did I just hear a collective groan?
1) I am obsessed with missing persons cases. I can spend hours on the Charley Project website perusing them. I then google the case to read everything I can find about it. It both frightens and confounds me that anyone can disappear without a trace in this day and age. And I feel so bad for family members who never get any closure.
2) I miss my grandma. Every. Single. Day. Tonite to the point of tears. She's been gone for over a decade. Still hurts.
3) I have three older brothers and one younger brother. All my cousins on my mother's side of the family are boys as well. I'm the O and O (as grandma used to call me) - One and Only. I love it. I'm spoiled rotten. But, being boys, they taught me how to throw a punch as well so don't mess with me.
4) My husband put me on a Starbucks budget. He thinks I've quit going entirely. Instead, I take $20 out of every paycheck I deposit so I can spend the cash at Starbucks and he can't keep track of how much I am giving them. Before you judge me too harshly, I have given it up the last month so that I could give away that $50 giftcard (or 2 $25) to YOU for my 100 Followers Contest. But you better believe I'm back to Starbucks for some yummy holiday coffee drinks next week, people!
5) I eat a Weight Watchers Chocolate Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar every night before bed.
6) I volunteered to dogsit for a friend starting tomorrow (until Sunday). Completely forgot how allergic I was to her dog. AND I have to stay at her place because said dog is cat aggressive. Extremely cat aggressive. But look how darling she is with Lily.
I do dopey stuff like that all the time. I can't say no. And I forget how allergic I am to animals.
7) I'm still with Coco.
8) I love sugary cereal as a snack. I try not to keep it in the house for this reason.
9) I make my dog sit at every corner. Every. Corner. Of every block. She has manners that we worked hard at and I like to show them off.
10) I am allergic to all my pets. This means hardwood floors. Air filters in every room. Throws on all the furniture that gets washed three times a week. No dog on the bed. Cats are on the bed but not allowed up on the pillows (and I wash our bedding twice a week). Cats and dog get pet wiped downed once a week and the dog gets a bath every other week. Benedryl to sleep (and breath) every night. And it's totally worth it. I won't live without them.
Now passing it on to two of my faves, Colene Murphy and Meredith Moore!
We're almost to FRIDAY, people! How excited are you???
Canadian Zombie Babies
4 years ago