Starbucks Peppermint Mochas, Christmas Decorations on every block, Wrapping Paper and Ribbons and Bows - oh my!
I am getting in a festive mood! When I wrap presents, I like to put on music.
Tonight as I was wrapping the presents that must go out in the mail tomorrow, here were the Top Ten Songs on my Playlist:
1) What Child Is This? - Harry Connick Jr.'s
2) Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer - Burl Ives
3) Hark the Herald Angels Sing - Amy Grant
4) O Holy Night - Celtic Woman
5) Do You Hear What I Hear - Whitney Houston
6) Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer (Don't judge me!)
7) Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth - Bing Crosby & David Bowie
8) You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Boris Karloff (I luv his deeeeeeep voice!)
9) Silent Night - Andy Williams
10) Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - Celtic Woman
I'm not what anyone would call religious. Not in the least. I'm spiritual, certainly, but I can't tell you the last time I set foot in a church. Maybe my grandfather's funeral? Three years ago. Before that it - grandma's funeral and that was seven years before my grandpa died. I find it a bit amusing that there are so many songs that I would consider "religious" on my list! Go figure.
You can't go wrong with the following for Christmas music: Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, Celtic Woman and Amy Grant.
What about you - what are your favorite songs this time of year?