Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ending 2010 with THANKS!

Things that I am thankful for in 2010:

1) My health - it isn't the best, but it isn't the worst and I have the power to change it. Can't ask for more than that!

2) The Hubster - he may drive me nuts sometimes and get the dog sick often, but he's a good husband, a great partner in crime and a lot of fun to have around.


3) My friends - I have managed to gather a great group around me over the past few decades. Solid, wonderful people that I love dearly. I am so, so thankful for their love and friendship.


4) My family - Maybe not ever single member, but most of 'em. Especially that little Dillon. I love that kid to pieces. In fact, I couldn't love my nephew more had I given birth to him myself (Latest Dillon story: He was misbehaving so my mom said, "Alright, you stinker..." He cut her off and said, "Grandma, you can't say stinker 'cuz it's a bad word!"). I have three parents who love me to pieces and believe in me with all their hearts - even at my age! I have an aunt who is my biggest fan (next to my two moms) and always wants to be the first to read everything I write. Lucky, lucky girl - that's me!


5) My writing - It's a crazy world out there and writing keeps me sane. Mostly sane. Okay, a little sane.


6) My pets - Unconditional love. Nothing better!


7) My house - It's just so nice. And warm. Thank the gods for central air/heat (even in SoCal). I have a roof over my head. What more could I ask for?
8) My new bed - I had to throw it in there. It's huge. I have to use the nightstand to crawl up into it every night. I don't want to get out of it on the chilly winter mornings. Love, love, love it!
What about you - what are you thankful for in 2010?

9 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for just about everything you mentioned too - especially my kids and that my parents are recuperating finally. I love my bed too!

    Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m thankful for my family, my four-legged fur ball of love, my home, my health (and the health of those around me), and many things I can’t think of right now.

    PS: Thanks for sharing that quote on my blog. It made me feel so much better. I will actually post it up so I could read it whenever I feel down. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for my family, that I finally met up with an old friend and nothing had changed, books and the internet- it gives me music, tv, movies and a wonderful world of writers and artists!
    - Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankful for family, health, and a job. Thankful I saw my first book release! And grateful for my new online friends. Oh, and NetFlix. God Bless NetFlix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a sweet, perfect list! As for me, I'd say most of the same things you've got there. Except for the bed... I don't have a big bed like that. It sounds divine~

    Happy New Year, Jennie! :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. My list would echo yours for the most part! Except I think I need a new bed like that one!! :)

    Have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm grateful for many of the same things as you. Yay for my blog, writer friends, family, Bugsy (my cat), my friends, my God.

    Happy New Year! ~ that rebel, Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thankful for my husband, my kitties, my family (and my new niece), my health, job, home, friends (face to face and inter-webby), music, books, computers, Excedrin, oatmeal raisin cookies.....

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a nice way to end the year... it's great to reflect on the blessings we have in our lives! I'm most thankful for my new baby daughter, Stella Claire, who is chaning my life for the better minute by minute. And, I'm thankful for family and friends, too -- you don't know how much you truly need them until you give birth to a child!

    ReplyDelete