Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!

My Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1) 100 Followers! I'm almost halfway there thanks to
KarenG's BBQ over the weekend. I've discovered some awesome new blogs (and when we're talking blogs, there is no such thing as TOO awesome!) With advice from Jen, Elana and Alex this week, I am confident I will reach triple digits soon.

2) Another cool day. Today was a perfect writing day. Perfect! Sixty-six degrees, sun never came out, the fog clung to the mountains and the chill crept in through the windows. My journals and laptop were whispering my name enticingly. I had to ignore them - too much real life to participate in. I won't have another opportunity to take advantage of this weather in the morning until Sunday. BUT if the weather is like this all day the next three days, I can come home in the afternoon, throw open the windows, turn on the soft music, light my candles and sit down to get write.

3) A new mattress. I'm overdue. Way overdue. An embarrassing number of years overdue. I'm shopping now. One of my besties is telling me to order through Overstock.com. I'm leaning that way. Maybe. I'm not sure. You can see why I'm overdue. The Hubster has been complaining about not sleeping well and waking with a lower backache for almost a year now. I just started this past week. Is it bad that I thought he was being whiny? And I didn't start shopping until it was MY sleep interrupted and my back aching? I feel guilty.


What are your wishes this Wednesday? Our magical cat can't grant them if she doesn't know what they are! Share, share, share!

8 comments:

  1. Our cat tree is different looking, but they love them, don't they? So, you have a magic cat? Cool. The weather you described....I would have a very difficult time making myself get out of bed. That's dream weather for me. Maybe a soft, gentle shower either in the morning or afternoon...

    Good luck with the mattress shopping. We kept our older mattress and got a tempurpedic topper off QVC (I don't thing I spelled tempurpedic correctly).

    I had a bad injury several years ago and it's prone to act up. The topper saves me!

    Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got the Itty Bitty Kitteh her fist cat tree...she LOVES it!

    Also, congrats on all your well deserved new followers...you'll be there before you know it. But, word of warning: when you have a lot of followers, it gets very hard to get around to visit everyone...which leads to guilt. But, it's a good problem to have, because you get to meet and make more friends.

    And, yesterday here (NJ) was still 90 freaking degrees. It's been in the 90's since early May. Evil. So over it. Dying for some autumnal weather.

    Have a Happy Humpday!
    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish for some peace and quiet in the house.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  4. We JUST got our new mattress yesterday and it is heaven. Upgraded to king and totally worth it.

    I was hesitant about online mattresses because you cant check em out before you buy and if it sucks you then have to ship it back. And I'm cheap like that.

    So far this Madison mattress is where its at in this house. Good luck on the 100 I'm sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Words Crafter - My younger brother has a temperpedic and it's been very helpful with his back injury. The cats do love their cat tree. It's their second one in six years because they shredded the last one. Better the tree than my furniture!

    Lola - every time I see Itty Bitty Kitteh, I die. I love that name! As for your weather, two of my besties grew up in New Jersey and have both been back to see their parents during the hot, muggy weather. Meredith gained 5 pounds because all she did was eat ice cream since it was so hot and you couldn't do much outside! I don't envy you. I think you got OUR Cali summer heat.

    Clarissa - That's an easy one for Wednesday to grant! Wait for it - it might not be at the time you were expecting or wanted, though. But she'll do it!

    C.E. - My hesitation exactly. I don't know what I'm getting. But this friend looked at the available mattresses on Overstock, then went into mattress stores to test them out before going back to the computer and ordering. That just seems like so much work. But she saved a ton of $$ so maybe it was worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, dare I say it out loud??? I do envy your cool weather, though. Blow some back this way! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love magical cats. =) I just wish I were done with my revisions. I didn't expect it to take this long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LTM...I think it did blow your way because we've warmed up over here!

    Carolyn...as much as Wednesday would love to help with revisions, her powers aren't quite strong enough in that area. I wish they were - I could use some help there myself! It's taking a bit longer than I expected as well.

    ReplyDelete