Alex J. Cavanaugh is having a Top Ten TV Shows Blogfest today. Here are mine:
10. Home Improvement - This was my first show after graduating from college. It was also my favorite at the time! Such a thrill to actually be hired to work on your favorite sitcom! Very formulaic but it worked for millions of viewers out there.
9. Little House on the Prairie - A childhood favorite. Such a favorite that I would write in my little Strawberry Shortcake diary about it. Right after I recorded who I sat next to in chorus that day (because that was VERY important in a 4th graders social status). The first few chords of the theme music take me back! I always ran down hills pretending I was Half Pint. Was all of that an overshare?
8. A-Team - In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.
7. Unsolved Mysteries - Join us. Perhaps YOU may be able to help us solve a mystery.
6. The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. - A Harvard educated lawyer turned bounty hunter out to avenge the death of his father by the Bly Gang. Of the 13 members, they only caught 10 by seasons end when the show was canceled. I don't think the network had a sense of humor. This was a great show!
5. Boston Legal - Denny Crane!
4. Burn Notice - When you're burned, you've got nothing: no cash, no credit, no job history. You're stuck in whatever city they decide to dump you in. You do whatever work comes your way. You rely on anyone who's still talking to you. A trigger-happy ex-girlfriend... An old friend who used to inform on you to the FBI...Family too... if you're desperate. Bottom line? Until you figure out who burned you... you're not going anywhere.
Yes, I have a crush on Bruce Campbell.
3. X-Files - The truth is out there.
I was living with my younger brother and we were both working in television production. We taped (yes, we didn't have TiVo back then) every episode and then watched it together when we woke up on Saturday afternoon (Fridays were tape nights, which ran late). One of my favorite shows during one of my favorite times of life!
2. Justified - My current favorite show. Smart, funny, with kick ass characters (literally and figuratively - yes, I used two adverbs...they were necessary). You will fall for U.S. Marshall Raylan Givens or want to be him.
1. Xena - "In a time of ancient gods, warlords, and kings, a land in turmoil cried out for a hero. She was Xena, a mighty princess, forged in the heat of battle...Her courage will change the world."
Yes, the Warrior Princess. My all-time favorite show. You got a problem with that?
What are your top ten shows? Do any on my list match yours? Pop on over to Alex's blog and join the fun or blog hop to see what everyone else has picked!
Canadian Zombie Babies
5 years ago