Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!

My Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1) Living Room Furniture - I have had this current set for a decade. My aunt donated it to me after it had graced her living room for five years. I don't buy things for myself often. It's time for a new set. I don't like to do a lot shopping so I would really like to find a complete set somewhere and just be done with it. No luck so far. But oh how I am wishing! Just let me walk in somewhere Saturday morning and have it jump out at me. I want to shout "That's IT! Wrap it up and deliver it this afternoon!" No?

2) Health - I have a major sore throat that I'm really hoping is allergies. I had to cancel our last game night because of the pneumonia and it would just be dumb rotten luck to be getting sick again when we have company this weekend! So sore throat be gone! And take the virus with you as you flee my body. I want a fun Saturday evening filled with friends and laughter!

3) Memory - There's a wish that has been in and out of my head for a good month now. Every time I sit down to type this list? It's gone! I guarantee in an hour, I will remember and think "DOH! I should have written (wish)!" Sometimes I worry about my memory. It seems if I don't write everything down, I forget. And there are times when it's written down and I still forget! Appointments, lunch dates, things like that tend to escape me. The best is when I write it on a post-it and find the post-it only a few minutes after the (insert appointment) was scheduled! So I guess my wish is to improve my memory over all. I remember random dates, conversations word for word, our very first telephone number at the house we resided in when I was five...but schedule lunch with me for next Tuesday at 1pm and there's a chance that I might not be at the restaurant if you didn't send me a reminder or I forgot to look at the calendar!

What about you - what are your wishes for Wednesday our magical cat?

7 comments:

  1. 1) Lots of yummy candles from eBay. I'm totally cheap, so I'm hoping the price doesn't skyrocket at the last moment. I haven't had a nice candle in ages. (Also, candles make me think of you now because you keep reminding me to get some!)

    2) A new style direction. After getting a bright pink skirt and killer heels last week, the rest of my closet feels hugely blah. There's no middle ground between white shirt and jeans and little black dresses. It will not do.

    3) That the dinner double-date (yeah, he's calling it a date now) that's actually happening this weekend is more focused on the dinner part. I'm looking forward to that bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there are different kind of dogs beds which are used by the dogs owner according to the size of dogs. if you have buy the dogs beds you must buy the small dog beds on sale . if you have a small dog then it is most suitable to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you be healed!
    Furniture shopping is the worst. You know what you want, but finding just the right one is tough. And who designs those awful floral patterns on couches, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to keep my planner with me wherever I go to make sure I write down everything in it, or I will completely forget! It's awful. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, same ole same ole here. And on Thursday (again) at that. :D

    Anyway, I hear ya about furniture shopping. I'm not a huge fan, either. And I sure hope you're not sick again. But if it's something like strep, it's super-easy to clear up w/antibiotics. Like 24-hours. Run do a quick test w/your doc!

    Here's hoping you feel better soon, too! Scratch Weds. for me~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on your #2! I've had The Worst Cold this past week and I need to get past it so I can focus on the one billion things I need to do before the move. Plus I don't want to be sick for a 4-day drive across the continent in the winter. That would... really suck.

    Hope you find some beautiful furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No luck seeing the Sedaris lat weekend, so now I wish somehow to see John Green during his Tour de Nerdfighting next month. He's dipping and ducking right out of the Midwest, so I'm not sure how this will happen. But I'm dreaming of flying to Portland so I can sit next to Laini while John reads at Powell's. :)

    ReplyDelete