Friday, April 30, 2010

The Looooong Hallway

A few weeks ago this is what my story looked like - the ending was in shadows, there were many doors to open and even another hallway to explore! I have opened a few, found them empty (devoid even of furniture) and simply closed them. Others I have lingered in awhile, delighting in new characters or a new twist. I glanced down the other hallway, but it didn't look very enticing. With all the distractions, it has been hard to stay focused! I set my goal for the week at 4,000 words. I fell short at 3,900. Instead of setting a word count goal, I'm going to work differently this week. My goal is to solve the final riddle and retrieve the last two items. Not as easy as it sounds. While the stones disappeared, I have figured out where they are. It won't be easy for Jenna to get them. Well, the getting in is easy. The getting out won't be. That's the fun of it, though! The riddle simply needs some touching up and there shouldn't be any surprises from here to THE END. I'm scared, though, that the hallway is going to start looking more like this now. It's a bit intimidating, isn't it? I think that is the door out at the very end. Taking a deep breath, being brave and strong as I move towards the end!

(I have been so busy, I neglected a very important blog for an entire month and just got sad news at the beginning of the week. In Memory of beautiful, brave Eva. Deep Breath. In. Out. In. Out. Love Love Love.)

No comments:

Post a Comment