Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!


Here are my Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1)  No Traffic - This would really take some magic. Living in L.A., the traffic can make or break your morning (and afternoon and evening). When I have to work south of where we live, it takes me four times longer to get to the school. This week, I got lucky because I was 5.8 miles north of the house. Got there in 10 minutes. Next week? I'm south. 12.3 miles south and west. It usually takes me an hour on a good day. Can you believe that? Sometimes (very, very rarely), I hit this weird little magical pocket of NO cars. Don't know how it happens. Don't know why it happens. Can't recreate it two days in a row if I try. I'm praying for a little pocket next Tuesday. It can be tempting to only book schools that are easy/quick to get to, but we have to go where our lessons are needed most. That means braving the traffic most days.

2)  Healing - This is just going out to hurting families in general. There has been so much loss already this year. In my group of friends, in the world (we lost two men who contributed greatly to the arts over our lifetimes). There are a lot of broken hearts out there. I'm rubbing that cat tree extra hard and asking for comfort in this time of loss, for peace, for memories to bring healing. I wish I could wrap everyone in a huge, warm hug. I wish I was magic and could radiate that healing out into the world. How cool would that be? Just open your arms...wait, I just got a creepy image of Wayne from The Leftovers. Nevermind. Let's just stick with wishing healing, peace, comfort, light.

3) Time - Not much. I just need 3 hours. I binged Jessica Jones when I was down with the stomach flu, but I only got 10 episodes in. I need to watch those last three episodes, but I haven't had time yet. I need time to just stand still for three hours. Long enough to finish the season. (So I can then whine about not having anything to watch because I binged the entire season. Ha!) I don't need them all in the same day. Just in the next few days. Oh, who am I kidding. It's called bingeing for a reason. I need three consecutive hours to finish it!

What about you - any wishes for Wednesday, our Magical cat?

1 comment: