Alex is having another one of his fantastically awesome blogfests.
Here, in no particular order, are ten of the worst movies that I have ever seen (and this was much harder to narrow down that I would have thought!):
1) Titanic - That's right, I said it! If she had gotten in the boat with her mother, he would have had the door to himself. SHE killed him. That's not romantic. It's sad.
2) Showgirls - I don't what is the worst part of this film: the cheesy dialogue or the over the top acting.
3) Battlefield Earth - Bad script, bad acting, bad idea.
4) Dances with Wolves - I know that I'm going to take a lot of crap for this. I'm NOT a Costner fan. He phoned this one in completely. I fell asleep in the theater. Because I thought it was ME, I tried it again on video...twice. Fell asleep both times. I actually use it on nights when my insomnia is particularly severe. His droning voice has me out in no time.
5) Howard the Duck - It's a duck. Who smokes. And the song is incredibly annoying! This might not have made my list, but I spent a summer as a nanny and I had to watch this every. single. day. It was enough to drive me mad. The 4 year old could not get enough of that man in a duck suit.
6) Congo - Bruce Campbell was the best part of this movie. He was the only good part of the movie. I know movie adaptations are expected to be bad, but this one went above and beyond. Maybe because the book was so incredible (in my opinion), we expected the movie to be the same? Or at least decent. It fell far, far short.
7) Lady in the Water - I think when you set the bar as high as he did with The Sixth Sense, it's natural to fall a little short. A little. This one didn't seem to leave the ground. It tripped and face planted. Slow and boring. When I saw it, I wasn't surprised Disney passed.
8) Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Lightning Thief - Such a disappointment. I really don't understand why you would take a best selling book and stray so far from it? If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? This was a great book. They even messed up the next movie in the series with their twisting of the story. I'm sure that's why it's not even slated for production until next year sometime. They probably had a heck of a time figuring out how to fix it...
9) Cowboys vs. Aliens - This movie had so much potential. I wanted so badly for it to reach that potential. What an amazing cast! It actually was a very good western until the aliens came in at the end. It was such a waste of talent.
10) Freddie Got Fingered - I have to admit that I didn't do much research on this movie before I took my ex-fiance's ten year old son to see it. Have you seen it? Imagine watching the elephant scene with a ten year old seated next to you. Yes, this whole experience taught me that you never, ever, ever let the ten year old pick the movie AT the box office without having watched a trailer and checked the rating on the movie first. This is probably the worst movie I have ever seen in my life.
Be sure to check out all the other entries over at Alex J. Cavanaugh's blog.
What about you - what are some of the worst movies you've ever seen?
Canadian Zombie Babies
5 years ago