Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!


My Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1) The ability to keep white shirts WHITE! Our Paws and Learn shirts are white. I'm not sure where my head was when I ordered them. Our logo looks great on it. It really pops. But I have never in my entire life managed to drink coffee while driving and not get it on my shirt. Ever. The hubster uses the SAME travel mugs that I do and doesn't have an issue. Last week I made him seal the travel mug for me. No dice. As I was packing my cart for the school, I glanced down and had three big spots. I can wear white at home and drink out of an open coffee mug with no consequence. But put me in a car with a sippy cup and forget about it!


2) A Home for Handsome Dave
I see these stories again and again. Someone cut Davy's ears off with scissors. When I take Lily into schools and centers, we talk about how lame ears look when you home crop them. This is a perfect example of that. The dog does not look bad ass. He just looks like an ass. And if you think your dog is an extension of you, how does that make YOU look? Yeah. Not cool. Davy, despite the painful home crop job, still loves people. And other dogs. He aced his temperament tests and the shelter workers have been so impressed with him that he has been used to test all the other dogs. They don't get better than this, folks. Unfortunately, that won't save Davy's life. His time is up and he needs out in the next 24 hours or he will die at the shelter. Not his fault that he had a cruddy owner who dumped him unceremoniously after slicing his ears off. He deserves the BEST home ever. The BEST. And I'm wishing really hard for him.


3) No more ants!. Persistent little buggers, aren't they? I've tried everything recommended online. The ant traps were the first to go. They won't even go in them. Cinnamon? They go around it. The most effective method that I have found is using non-toxic dish washing liquid in a squirt bottle with water. I keep a clean house - and a spotless kitchen, but these little suckers can find crumbs my dog misses. And Lily doesn't miss much at all. Spray the area, wipe it down and they're dead. They track by scent so they don't come back. There. But they'll find something else. For instance, they love the sugar in mouthwash. Yep, crawled right inside of it and died. Which is fine. Threw that out. Sprayed everything down. New mouthwash is inside a ziploc bag. Then they discovered the cough drops...it's just been endless. The cat and dog food is in sealed containers now. We don't free feed Lily so that's not a problem but I've had to place the cat bowls in larger bowls of water. That worked like a charm! I empty them every day...dumping out dead ants. Knock on wood, we've been ant free for TWO days. I'm hoping that I beat them back enough they won't be making another appearance. Here's to my Wednesday Wish for no more of those little creepy suckers!

What about you - what are your wishes for Wednesday?


4 comments:

  1. I hope you beat those ants!
    And all of my t-shirts are black for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried one of those Tide pens? I always keep one in my purse, and they work quite well! So long as you don't mind having a wet stain on your clothes for awhile...

    My wish: To finish this draft by the end of next week. It's a big wish, but pretty please, Wednesday? Help me out, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Davy! That's just awful. And if you discover the secret of not spilling coffee out of a travel mug, please let me know! I'm the exact same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh! To get caught up! And for Davy to get a home. Your wish is now mine~ ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete