Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!


Here are my Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1) Sleep - I have always been a night owl.  Dating back to elementary school, it's been hard for me to fall asleep. I can be most productive in those evening hours when the world is still and quiet. I just took on a part-time job that is adding to my plate. I will now be working six days a week. Five of those days will have very early starts.  Coffee can help, but I want to stay healthy so what I really need is sleep. Starting last week, I've been crawling into bed at (gulp) 9pm. I don't actually fall asleep until somewhere around 10:30 or 11. But it helps crawling in earlier so I don't get all stressed out watching the clock. My goal is to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night.

2) Transporter - That new part-time I took? It's three mornings a week of a loooong drive. The mileage is short (12), but this is L.A. We're looking at an hour in rush hour traffic. I would love to be able to save that hour in the morning by having a transporter. Grab that morning cup of coffee after I'm dressed and ready to go, step into that transporter and - Hello work!

3) A little bit of Healing Magic - It looks like my mom is facing some end of life decisions with Cinder, her 17-year-old cat. Saying goodbye is never easy, but she's determined not to drag anything out or make her suffer because my mom isn't "ready." We thought we were making hard choices about a year ago and she rallied. So, if she's meant to rally again, I'm asking for some healing to be sent her way. If she's not, I'm asking for strength for my mom as she gets ready to let her go.  With the new job, I won't be able to be with her when she passes and it's always hard being in that room with your beloved pet alone. I think we owe it to them after all those years of loyalty. Still, it's always nice to have a friend or loved one there with you, though, to cry with you.

What about you - any wishes for our magic cat this week?

5 comments:

  1. I'll take a teleporter! You find one, please share.
    And very sorry about Cinder. That is never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, an hour in rush hour traffic sounds horrible! I'm so sorry about Cinder. I hope that wish comes true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you transport, you have to come see me!

    So sorry about Cinder. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your comment on Jennifer's site today and just wanted to let you know I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity on your post is just spectacular and i can think you're a professional on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to clutch your RSS feed to stay updated with imminent post. Thanks one million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

    My blog: obat tbc

    ReplyDelete