Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!


Here are my Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1) Fruit Trees - Don't laugh. We're moving to Washington later this year. I'm giving up my killer farmer's market. Which means I'll be replacing it with a garden of my own. As we look at homes online, my focus is always the property and not the house. I'm wishing for a backyard with a few fruit trees. I can hardly wait to have my own!


2) Health - This is so stupid, but I am desperate so I will try anything! There is a wicked stomach bug going around work. For a MONTH now. It's like we can't get rid of it. We will go one week and someone else will get it. Ugh. Give me a cold for two weeks, but do NOT make me puke for 8 hours. I've had to up my anxiety medication just to get through this time. That sounds so lame to type, but there it is. We were two weeks out and we had someone come down with it Monday. What. The. Heck. Are you kidding me? Four weeks from Patient Zero. Two weeks from the last two people and someone falls. I'm wearing gloves (not even kidding) and sanitizing EVERYTHING with Clorox wipes as soon as I get in. Sweating it.

3) Lily - This poor dog has been through so much in her 8 years on this earth (bells palsy, pancreatitis, spindle cell sarcoma, colitis - to name a few). We were facing liver failure last November and had to switch her medications. Now, the liver is looking GREAT. But the medication was contraindicative with previous cancer. It could suppress the immune system enough that cancer comes through. We just discovered three lumps on her last week that have grown. She sees the vet next Tuesday and we will aspirate them. She and Wednesday are buddies so I'm wishing really hard that these will turn out to be benign lumps.


What about you - any wishes for our magic cat this week?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about Lily!
    At the very least, moving to Washington will get you away from that flu bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also excited for your future fruit trees because I'm totally going to come down and snack on one! ;) And Im not sure about where in washington you'll be exactly but I know they have some greater markets running in areas. The whole west coast is hella fond of them (for good reason!).

    My wish this week goes to Lily and that those tumors are benign. She is such a trooper and sweet loving soul. As a person that suffers with a lot of health stuff and can get down and bitter about it, sometimes I think about Lily and all the awful things she's been through but how sweet and loving she still is and how genuinely happy she looks in any picture you take of her. She's a good reminder of facing illness with grace.

    ReplyDelete